The most important attribute for working successfully at Autumn Harp is the ability to work harmoniously with other people, specifically to create a positive work environment. We offer a desirable and respectful workplace, competitive compensation and generous benefits - including paid time off, holiday pay, medical, dental, vision, disability, life insurance, accident insurance, critical illness, flexible spending accounts, 401k with employer match, profit share, a free gym membership and more! Explore job opportunities at Autumn Harp below.
Employment Applications, Résumés, and Cover Letters stating interest in an open position can be sent to:
26 Thompson Drive
Essex Junction, VT 05452
Autumn Harp is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Reporting to the Vice President, Technical, the Director, Quality is a leader within the Quality Department to ensure Systems are robust, appropriate, and followed throughout the manufacturing environment in order to guarantee quality products and processes that meet regulatory and customer requirements. This position works collaboratively with other department heads on quality-related projects, participates in audits of Autumn Harp by external regulatory agencies and customers and understands regulatory and customer requirements for the industry.
- Oversee and closely review Quality Systems to ensure programs are comprehensive, streamlined, achievable, and being followed.
- Ensure quality documented procedures and policies reflect work practices and vice versa.
- Lead Quality Control team, work closely with Quality Engineers to ensure consistency in processes and policies as new requirements are put into place.
- Participate in developing Quality staff by recruiting, developing, and training employees.
- Work closely with Operations Management and teams to understand proposed facilities and equipment upgrades. Determine any quality critical issues, documentation needs, etc. Work through issues with group until complete.
- Participate fully in on-site audits by regulatory agencies, customers, and 3rd parties to ensure questions and requests are addressed by current Systems. Work with internal teams to address
- issues as required, making sure all new processes fit within Systems.
- Conduct and document risk assessments and investigations related to the Quality Systems
- Collaborate with other departments on issues related to Quality Systems, overall quality and manufacturing improvements.
- Contribute to preparing yearly Quality budget, tracking spending, and analyzing and addressing variances.
- Participate in establishing and reporting department metrics.
- Creates an atmosphere that supports respect, honesty and open communication among all employees; encourages employees to celebrate accomplishments and have fun.
Experience and Skills required:
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher preferable in a science field
- Experience within an FDA or ISO manufacturing environment
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skill
- Proven leader who uses positive leadership style to foster engagement in the organization
- 10-15 years of Quality experience within a fast-paced manufacturing environment
E2 - Thursday, Friday, Saturday 6:50am to 7:00pm
E3 – Sunday, Monday, Tuesday 6:50pm to 7:00am
E4 – Wednesday, Thursday, Friday 6:50pm to 7:00am
Quality-minded, dependable individuals are needed to join our talented production team. Our ideal candidates must be reliable, honest and respectful; and possess sound reading and math skills. Prior experience in manufacturing and mechanical aptitude, a plus. Must be able to perform the physical requirements of the position; which includes the ability to lift 30 lbs or more; able to stand and walk for 12hrs/day; able to perform exacting tasks by hand.
Reporting to the Engineering Manager, the Manufacturing Engineering Manager is a highly qualified position to plan, arrange, optimize, design and implement methods and processes in production to establish standard workflow rate and improve efficiency. Coordinate and manage manufacturing engineering projects, making detailed plans to accomplish goals and directing the integration of technical activities for our equipment. The ability to analyze engineering technology, product needs, and testing procedures from planning to fulfillment review is imperative. Manage staff, utilize operational resources, and integrate the systems for producing quality products with the optimum expenditure of capital.
- Develops innovative solutions to complex engineering and manufacturing production concerns through identification and process analysis.
- Evaluates manufacturing processes to drive optimum overall equipment effectiveness on production lines to create operational results.
- Facilitate change management so that continuous improvement and team work become the standard.
- Conduct assessments of manufacturing operations to provide focused improvement opportunities to increase production efficiencies, eliminate waste, reduce inventory, reduce lead times, increase quality and increase due date performance.
- Develop benchmarks, measurements, quantifiable benefits and track progress.
- Participate in cross functional teams to implement continuous flow manufacturing and pull systems, 5S improvement, standard work, setup reduction, value stream mapping exercises, and visual standards.
- Act as liaison between management and vendor or contractor from start to finish of project.
- Maintains safe and clean working environment by enforcing procedures, rules, and regulations.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in related engineering field
- 10+ years of Engineering experience within a fast-paced manufacturing environment
- Requirements Analysis, Design Skills, Project Management, Manufacturing Methods and Procedures, Process Improvement, Technical Understanding, Documentation Skills
- Industrial Automation experience (capable of programming machines)
- Technical computer knowledge and experience in 3D modeling software
- Ability to work cross-functionally to meet all internal and external customer needs
Night shift - three days/week 7pm to 7am
Autumn Harp, a private label custom contract manufacture of cosmetic and personal care products has an opening for a skilled machine technician on our Maintenance and Engineering team.
*Provide mechanical support service to operational changes resulting from setting up and troubleshooting electrical, mechanical, pneumatic and robotic equipment.
*Observes operation of equipment, troubleshoots abnormalities, locating sources of problems, repairing defective parts, adjusting functional parts of devices and control instruments, controlling downtime, and fabricating repair parts.
*Assists in maintaining equipment, parts, and supply inventories.
*Works safely and supports safety across the organization.
*Trains operators to recognize problems and issues with equipment.
*Minimum of 3 years mechanical or machining experience in a fast-paced manufacturing environment.
*Excellent troubleshooting skills in electrical, mechanical, hydraulic, pneumatic systems for production machinery and support equipment.
*Ability to read and understand mechanical prints.
*Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
*Ability to lift moderate to heavy loads up to 50 pounds.
Autumn Harp is looking for an energetic and conscientious individual to help facilitate our custodial duties. The position will work in a team based environment and will be responsible for maintaining the interior of our facility including our manufacturing area, warehouse space, lunchroom, offices, and restrooms. The hours for the position are Tuesday - Saturday 7:00am to 3:30pm.
· Follow all safety guidelines and procedures
· Strong attention to detail
· Excellent problem solving and troubleshooting ability
· Effective time management and organization skills
· Must be able to perform the physical demands of the role, including the ability to lift up to 50 pounds.
Reporting to the Senior Quality Engineer, this position will assist the Quality Engineers with customer specific investigations and required documentation. This may include data gathering and trending, technical writing, equipment and validation assistance, and change controls. Additionally, this position will work closely with the Quality Systems Compliance Manager to help to ensure the Autumn Harp quality compliance programs are up-to-date and accurate. This will include tracking and executing calibrations and pest control, data entry, overseeing the water sampling program and results, and ensuring documentation is properly completed, stored, and tracked. The Quality Generalist helps to represents the Quality Department in the manufacturing environment and has significant cross-departmental interaction across the company.
- Responds to routine customer complaints; gathers and trends data, investigates root causes, and responds to customer representatives
- Completes customer-required documentation as necessary for select customers
- Assists with equipment and product validations
- Tracks change control process documentation and progress
- Data entry as needed, including for customer complaints and CAPAs
- Administers calibration database and tracks calibration due dates. With the Quality Systems Compliance Manager, conducts internal instrument calibrations and works with external calibration vendors to ensure calibrations are conducted in a timely manner and all required paperwork is completed accurately and on-file.
- Administers internal pest control program and works with external vendor(s) to ensure program is maintained, documented as required, and updated as necessary'
- Conducts daily sampling of the water system, works with external lab for testing, maintains test results and records
- Ensures documentation is current, controlled and filed in accordance with the document control procedure.
- Maintains the nonconformance database, tracks due dates, and works with relevant stakeholders to ensure there is follow-up and extensions requested as needed
- Maintains temperature and humidity monitoring programs, tracks logged data, maintains equipment
- Ensures Quality training records are updated and submitted as required
- Maintains accurate files and records, in compliance with customer, GMP and FDA regulations applicable to operations. Files all reports as necessary in a timely manner to remain in compliance.
- Helps to create an atmosphere that supports respect, honesty and open communication among all employees; encourages employees to celebrate accomplishments and have fun
Skills and Experience required:
- College degree preferred or related level of experience
- High proficiency in Microsoft Office and database management
- Excellent organizational, communication, and interpersonal skills
- Creative thinker and problem solver
- Ability to exercise independent judgment and initiative
- Requires a strong attention to detail
- Ability to keep accurate records and to follow documented procedures and standards
- Ability to lift up to 30 lbs. on an occasional basis
- Excellent time-management skills with the ability to work and make independent decisions with little supervision
- Must be able to juggle multiple projects at once